2.09.2008

Ahhhh....lazy days

There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. ~Sylvia Plath


Not really, but when I found this in my sink I had to laugh. It seems like my calendar has been full since New Years eve, and it's starting to affect my brain. All month I've been losing a week....last weekend I was upset about Josh's birthday being around the corner, and it was a week away, all this week I've been worried about the Blue & Gold banquet as well as our homeschooling group anniversary party, and it's NEXT week, and the week after that I've got a conference that i was stressed about yesterday. I hate to wish away an entire month, but this month would be the one I would.

It is my fault. Someone mentions something fun, and I have to be there. Someone needs help and I say sure. I'm giving up volunteering for Lent, I've decided. March should be nice, it starts off with a bang (scouts have a five mile hike that starts a few hours away) and a full day of orienteering, but the rest of the month is empty except my birthday and my moms. And those don't require parties!!! Just a nice dinner....no cake, no favors, just fun with family and friends. ahhh. I just need to learn to let go (and not sign up for anything) Yay for Lenten disciplines.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Calgon............ :)

Thanks for the ideas! I've never heard of the rule of 3 either - lol. Good to know. I appreciate the link, too. Interesting!

Jenn said...

Wait! MARS HILL! I just realized why that sounded familiar! That's the guy that wrote Velvet Elvis! Awesome book!