6.23.2009

Monday Morning Ponderisms, Dune edition

"Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult." Princess Irulan

"Anything outside yourself, this you can see and apply your logic to it. But it's a human trait that when we encounter personal problems, these things most deeply personal are the most difficult to bring out for our logic to scan. We tend to flounder around, blaming everything but the actual, deep-seated thing that's really chewing on us." The Lady Jessica

"A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it, and flow with it." First law of Mentat

"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience." Mother Gaius

"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." Bene Gesserit litany

No comments: