6.26.2009

Scripture for Saturday...

The point of Saturday Scriptures is to record a verse, for myself, to ponder over the weekend. You are welcome to join me. Ultimately my goal is to memorize these verses to have as a resource in my daily life. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee" (Psalms 119:11)

31But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you-Luke 12:31

This was probably one of the first bible verses I ever memorized, but only because my dad taught it to me in a song. I'm pretty sure he learned it from Cursillo, it was meant to be sung in a large group as a round. For over twenty-five years I've had this resource in my head, but it wasn't until I was an adult and living on my own that it became personally important for me.

How do we reconcile this verse with our lifestyles? It was one thing for the disciples to not worry about eating or clothing, they were traveling with a superstar ;-) But I don't think God is telling me, as a mother, to not worry about preparing meals for my family. He's not saying not to have clothes available for my children. What he is saying is to not chase after things of this world. Don't add stress to your life worrying about having the 'right' clothes, or the 'perfect' food, or furniture, or job, or whatever it is you think you need. Trust that you will have exactly what you need.


ponder...

No comments: