12.11.2011

Advent, the new beginning

Or a new hope, if you wish, we ARE watching Star Wars today.

I like Advent though, for our family it's considered the new year, so much like spring, I look at it as a jump start to reinventing ourselves. This Sunday's verse and sermon were about making straight a path. In addition, we're reminded to REJOICE. Nothing tells me more that I was falling away, that my fear and exhaustion has given me excuse after excuse for doing what is easy, rather than what is right. I have forgotten what I have been called to do, and have insisted on doing things my way.

Today I can choose to rejoice. I can choose to let go of the ugly way I tend to look at things, and make straight a path in my heart, not just for a messiah, but for myself. I think it'll feel good.

No comments: